So do you own a rifle like me? It may be a hunting rifle or a tactical rifle. I have an AR 15. Once I was traveling to Virginia with my gun and then I realize the necessity of a perfect rifle case. That was something awkward to carry a rifle without a case in the public places. If I was going to any jungle for hunting that was ok there to carry the firearm on the shoulder. Then there is also an issue of safety of the rifle. I don’t want to see any damages in my AR 15, nor anyone wants. ?
You may also go through into those circumstances and definitely now you are looking for the best rifle case for your firearm. When I was facing the problems, I tried to research for the best rifle case so that my cool AR 15 remains safe and you won’t believe that there was not enough information on the internet. Yeah, there was some crappy sites around. But they all were mentioning the same rifle cases what others had mentioned. Then I thought to write my own experience to let you know about how you can find the perfect cases for your rifles. So if you are still here, let’s dig into the deep?
|Plano All Weather|
|Bulldog Case Pit|
|Plano 10470 Case|
|VISM by NcStar|
|785312 Flambeau Safeshot|
|Uncle Mike's Case|
|Explorer 3 Case|
Our Recommended Rifle Case for This Year
Our Top 10 Best Rifle Case Reviews
Here are top 10 rifle cases I mentioned along with their features. I used some of them including Plano Pro-Max Scope rifle case and got excellent service. So I thought to include them in the list. And by researching other cases, their customer reviews, studying their uses and defects I make the list of top 10 rifle cases.The Pro-Max, single scope rifle case from Plano, comes with interlocking foam and has the ability to lock. It is perfect for a hunting trip to Alaska. It keeps the riflescope safe and secure while traveling. The Pillar Lock system is patented while the thick construction helps in protecting the firearm while traveling. It comes with a molded-in handle.
The case is lockable and is approved by the airlines. That means you can take it with you while you are traveling by air. It comes with a dimension of 3.8 X 53.6 X 13 inches. There are other products from Plana such as the Gun Guard, SE Single rifle case, the Pro Max Double Scoped case, the AW XL Pistol, and accessories case in black.
There is a pressure relief valve that is built-in and protects the case, in case of bumping during airline travel. It has customized foam inserts and has draw-down secure latches. It is provided with airtight shields too as well as Dri-Loc Seal. This All Weather case is very protective in extreme climatic conditions. The lockable latches are very protective.
The case is large and comes in a black color case. The configuration is flexible and has great space. The M&P logo looks great on the case when you open it. Hard rifle cases provide more protection from the outdoor forces and the elements found in the range. When hunting for ducks, the case has to be waterproof to prevent the sprays from soaking the guns.
4. Bulldog Case Pit Bull Rifle Case ReviewThe Bulldog cases come with a total soft padding of 1 ½”. The outer shell is of durable nylon and is water resistant to protect the firearm in a wet climate. The inner lining is brushed tricot and is soft and scratch resistant. The inner lining is laminated. The rifle case from Bulldog is shaped to accommodate both scoped and non-scoped rifles. It comes with a full-length #8 zipper with pull. The soft case provides padding, to the rifle on each side. The full-length zipper is of good quality and protects the firearm inside securely. Soft cases are more light-weight and easy to carry thought they cannot withstand harsh climatic conditions.
6. VISM by NcStar Gun Case (CVG2907-36) ReviewThe NcStar rifle case is made of tough PVC material. It has inner foam padding of high density to provide superior protection. It is provided with heavy duty double zippers. The full range of sizes can accommodate most shotguns and rifles. It comes with inner measurements of 40 X 12.5”. The soft case is made of Cordura Nylon that has a long life. The inner material is of oft cotton. The scabbard is well-designed for easy carrying and mounting on tactical gear. The NcStar Camo soft rifle and shotgun case is sturdy for use. NcStar products are innovative with their cases and provide good gun cases and gun safes.
9. Drago Gear Double Gun Case, Tan ReviewThe Drago Gear has been specially designed to protect two rifles at the same time for storage purpose as well as for transport purpose. The gun case has backpack straps that are well-padded, that allows for hands-free transport. The Drago Gear Double Gun Case comes with three large pockets to store ammunition and the firearm accessories. It is provided with dual zippered storage areas. The product dimensions are 42 X 14 X 12.5 inches. They are water-resistant and can withstand rough and wet climates. It is spacious and has more storage compartments. The carrying handle is well-padded.
10. Explorer 3 Rifles Weapon Case, Tan ReviewThe Explore Rifle Case is made of heavy-duty polyester 600 D that has been made with high-quality stitching. There YKK lockable zippers are of good quality and keep the weapon case intact as they conform to the military and law enforcement. The thick padding foam is ¾ inches and is very protective for the firearms stored inside the rifle case.
Multiple riles can be stored in the case to carry 3 rifles, 4 pistols or 4 shotguns. There is Velcro strap provided for the proper security of the items in the case. There is plenty of storage room to store boxes of ammo, magazines and other accessories within the weapon case. It can be carried either by using the handle provided or by using it in a backpack style. The rifle case comes in measurements of 46 X 13.5 inches and has a detachable shooting mat.
Things to consider before buying
You now know the importance of using a gun case. So you need to select gun cases wisely. There are some factors that you should consider before buying any gun case. It is best to do some online research before you buy any rifle cases. Let’s see some criteria that you should look for in a rifle case:
Preference to durability: The durability of the gun cases have to be given top priority. If the guns are taken to the shooting club, it does not require much protection as much as taking them to the woods.
Water-tightness: Taking them out of the rough weather has to be considered to withstand stormy climate, mountain tops, etc. Water may corrode and make the firearms unusable.
Storage: The storage capacity of the gun case for a single gun or for many guns has to be considered.
Dust-protection: Dust protection while locking them up in the cupboards or while being used in the range, has to be considered.
Portability: When guns are used for target shooting, skeet shooting or other such sport, they can be just carried, or taken in cars. But if they are taken to distant places, they have to be transported through ships or flight. In such cases, the cases have to withstand the strain of travel.
Cost Factor: The cost factor is the most crucial determinant for choosing the right rifle case. Once a person frames a budget, he can determine the best case that would suit his need and choose from the options available.
Types of rifle cases:
There are various types of rifle cases available. The hunter gun cases have to be sturdy, while the sportsmen case requires light protection. Personal gun cases are more for storage in closets and under the beds. By plastic covers, you can give protection when you are in a light travel and at home.
The hard gun cases are the best choice if you do a lot of traveling. These types of cases give you the most protection than the soft gun cases. Also, there is soft foam inside these cases to prevent your gun from getting damaged or scratched. If you have proper knowledge of choosing a gun case, you may get one which is dust, water, and scratch resistant. I always try to get hard cases for my rifle.
The Soft Gun Cases affordable than the hard cases. Though they are affordable than hard cases, they can not provide you the same level of protection what the hard cases provide. They are made of some lightweight material like nylon, polyester, neoprene, and leather. The soft gun or rifle cases are lightweight and perfect for hunting trips.
- Boyt gun cases provide good quality gun cases for hunting and for other outdoor gear.
- Pistols can be stored in both soft and hard cases depending on the purpose of the case.
- The Blackhawk gun cases as well as shooting mats are great for military and law enforcement use and for sporting purpose.
- The Camo gun cases are great for the rifles and to store shotguns too.
- The Pro-Max Takedown Shotgun case is apt for take-down firearms and to provide security and comfort.
- Mossy Oak’s Stillwater rifle case, made of polyester, is rugged and lightweight.
- Gator offers rugged cases that are waterproof and made of lightweight resin of 600 Denier Nylon.
- The Glock pistol case provides added safety for transport and storing of the Glock pistol.
- Smith and Wesson pistols are perfect for accuracy and stopping power and have to be well-protected for perfection.
- Rifle bags and gun bags from Barska come in protective hard cases that are watertight and crushproof.
- They meet military perfections.
- The iSeries gun cases for long guns are good utility cases that provide waterproof security made of molded polypropylene of ultra-high strength.
- Allen Company manufactures hunting, tactical, archery and other outdoor products under their brand.
- SKB manufactures cases for hunting, as well as for musical, sports goods equipment, pro audio and light applications for travel and storage.
- Pelican cases and backpacks, provide rugged protector cases. They are lightweight and versatile, for all rugged uses, to provide airtight, dustproof and watertight cases.
Protecting your valuable rifle with the best rifle cases is most critical for any gun owner. By giving priority to the purpose of the gun case, they can be purchased from the many options available in the market. You need to be more careful about the protection level of rifle cases. Providing defense and protection through the gun case, requires careful analysis, before acquiring them. Handguns, pistols, and revolvers are various types of firearms available for easy handling. The shooting bags and range bags can store all the gun range needs that are required. Revolver cases and handgun cases have a wide range of choices at very economic rates too. There are tactical flashlights to aid in your venture to be used along with your guns and rifles. The binoculars can also be stored along with the gun case if there is ample storage space. Cases that allow for quick draw of firearms make the trip to the ranges more exciting.